Saturday, December 24, 2005

Murphy's Law!

How time flies... it's 3 weeks into the holidays and it seems like it just started yesterday. Only a week to go before school starts again. Haven't been writing for some time, time for a catch up session! Yesterday was the last day of a week-long mobile devices programming course. Kudos to our teacher, Daniel (see his blog here), for teaching us so much:)

After the course, met Shili for dinner (Mingfei and Vivienne stop shopping so much! Food is impt too!), before meeting up with the other 2 gals to watch a magic show at the Expo. Alas, that day was a great day for Murphy! First, we were too engrossed chatting and we (four of us, no less!) passed our MRT stop(Simei). Then, disaster struck when we finally reached Simei (which I shall not reveal for blackmail purposes now:P). After all that, we decided to go Tampines KTV. The moment we stepped out to Tampines Mall, I realised that the crowd was terrible. Must be the last minute Christmas shopping... Here, I must pause to thank Yuanru for her great directions, that we failed to follow:P Spent 20 minutes walking around 2 shopping malls before realising that the KTV is not at malls. Why, oh why, Murphy! Finally, we found the KTV. I must say that Mingfei's vocal range is amazing!! And Shili's singing was amazing - kinda reminds me of Jewel haha! Anyway, it was great fun and all, especially the last part where we were rushing through songs:P Of course, Murphy being Murphy, and us being 4 lost little sheep (ok you two girls from china stop laughing, we Singaporeans dont know EVERY part of singapore OK!), we stupidly took the last train TO pasir ris, and got stuck there. On hindsight, laziness has become my downfall yet again! Needless to say, we took bus 240 to city hall before parting ways. Anyway, despite the several 'mishaps', I must say the whole day was great fuN! Thanks, you 3!

Now for random recollections, not in any particular chronological order, but whatever I can remember from the past weeks of not writing.

Cashflow Competition
2 days of Cashflow gaming at NTU, was fun, but we concluded that cashflow is after all a game based on luck and cooperation. Still, that's a true fact of life, we have to cope with whatever cards life deals to us. Was enlightening, and fun! Notable things include, the banker, Ben failing to get out of rat race in first day, and both YC and I getting into finals! Totally unexpected but yeah man!

COMM 100, Settlers Cafe and Chicken Little
First week of hols - a rare time when I have an exemption while the rest of you guys don't! Haha:) Still, guess you all will have the last laugh when following semesters come:P At least I came back to school some days to accompany you guys okay! Haha.. anyway, we went Settler's Cafe one of the days, played some large - scale board games. Totally fun! One of these days we have to play those smaller ones too.. The other day, we also went to watch Chicken Little together.. my first attempt at organising such a relatively large scale event.. harder than I thought, but well it was great fun!

Khel's Birthday Party!
Hey man, thanks again for inviting us all, and kudos for the great party! Can imagine the nightmare logistics of inviting so many people! Was great fun, I must have drank more there than I have my entire life. Ah wells, you still haven't INTRO us to more people yet!! Hrmph, still waiting ok! Til next time!

Concert
Piano Concert at Esplanade, really enjoyed myself! Nice work, sis, too bad so many mishaps! Look for Murphy again! HAHA!

Frog Leg Porridge
Went Chinatown this wed with Ben, Miki & YR to eat the famous frog leg porridge. Was real good, but YR didn't eat much, since her teeth were still in pain I guess (not that she eats a lot usually haha). Still, poor Ben and I had to polish up most of the food haha. I must say that the 5 dollar fried pig intestine is disgustingly TINY! Still think its not worth it HAHA. Went to a cafe?bookshop? WHATEVER (that's the name, not a statement:P) Interesting theme and good environment too. Too bad i'm not much of a tea person, guess Miki isn't as well. Haha. Still, had a good time!


Well, enough of my catch-up ramblings! Gotta go mop the floor and all for tonight's family xmas party! Looking forward to it YEAH! MERRY XMAS ALL!

1 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger danchong said...

hi Korendir, this is Daniel. just to say hello, and thanks for linking to my blog. and do you mind telling me what's your real name (email my smu account)?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home