Friday, May 19, 2006

Escapades (Part 1)

What a busy two days!

After a week or more of planning, finally sprang a birthday surprise for Xiwen yesterday(though her birthday was actually on Tuesday)! Buuuut, first things first.. some thoughts b4 i go into the details of the surprise ;)

Work - was absolutely terrible yesterday. First, my backache decided to revisit me. Gods. Try standing for 7 hours straight with a backache.. I almost died there and then... and gods.. the weird positions I had to twist myself in attempt to stretch the muscles. Sigh.... Damned... Really old liaoz ... Even had to go toilet a few times just to sit down... Argh... Feel terrible. Second of all, had a really boring day. And I must say... of all the things, boredom is the thing I cannot stand the most. There were almost no customers today.. and the whole row was on off... geez.. that means no one to serve, nothing to do, nobody to talk to.. except the occasional security guard.. Time was really crawling then... Well, at least talked to another of the salesgirl... who's usually too far away from me haha.. Anyways, she's rather friendly... and talking to her made realise that everyone has got their own problems.. She's finished her O's, but didn't score very well, at least not well enough to get into the courses of choice. So, she's working now.. Sigh, felt so lucky then to be in university... and I think of all the complaints and whining I've been doing.. makes me feel so damn guilty. Sigh...

That episode also made me highly aware of another problem of my own - shyness. Or rather, more aware of how serious my problem is, since I've already known I've had it for a long time. Sigh.. I really find it damn hard to approach people I don't know already; though I don't have such problems with friends, or people who make overtures first. It's real strange, and try as I may, I can never seem to make much progress in changing this weird character flaw of mine... How? Help anyone??

I digress. Almost slipped back into whine mode again, oops. Anyways, finally to the birthday celebration (that Alvin's probably waiting to hear about eh! Sorry that you couldn't make it man, hope u had a great time in camp:P hahahaha!)!

Left work an hour early and met up with Marcus to take cab to the Clark Quay Mind's Cafe as planned.. (Yuanru & Vivienne abandoned us and went themselves earlier! Sad!) Finally reached there, and almost everyone else was there already (besides Justin, Weiwei and the birthday girl herself). After playing a game called "Fish eat Fish" for some time, they arrived! (Sadly our near-perfect surprise was slightly ruined - despite fast thinking on Weiwei's part - by an unsuspecting waitress who received them by saying "Oh, the birthday celebration's on top! Grin.) Still, thought it was a great success!

We had great fun playing games. First we played Munchkins again, this time with Andrew doing DMing instead. It was a slightly let down for me; I guess the game just doesn't suit so many people, since it just gets waaay too slow. Still, I enjoyed myself, despite the lack of fast and furious backstabbing:) After a game, we played another card game - some farm animal game which tested our memories, reflexes and well, acting skills ;) Outright hilarious. I must admit I really suck terribly at such games! Darnit!:P Probably the butt of many of the jokes, grin! Basically, we had to pick animals to be, and remember all the other's animals, and the sounds and actions that went along. Cards were divided equally amongst all - and the object of the game was to lose all your cards. Everyone would take turns showing a card, and if 2 cards matched, you had to make the other person's animal sound and action before he did yours - and your pile would be given to him! Not a very good explanation perhaps, you'd have to play the game to get it, and enjoy it. Needless to say, we had a great time playing, heh! After the games, we had a phototaking session - thanks to joyce for the cameras - must get the pics from her soon, and maybe I'll post some nicer ones here;)

The food there, however, was kind of a letdown. The main course was just okay only.. but the ice-cream brownie was ohhh soooo goooddd.. and terribly sinful of course:( There was a chunky monkey Ben & Jerry Birthday Cake as well, which was ROCK HARD and a terror to cut!! Guess everyone enjoyed it too, though I didn't eat any since I was already totally bloated!

We finally left Mind's Cafe at almost 11.. wanted to take cab home, but couldnt manage to flag down any. We ended up walking all the way back to city hall MRT station! Geez... But, hope you had a great surprise, and a great birthday, Xiwen;) Enjoy your presents eh!

Anyways, stayed up that night to watch the Champions League Arsenel vs Barcelona match. Usually don't watch soccer, but this was a match I didn't wanna miss! Was a damn exiting match man.. Arsenal early game losing player yet maintaining a strong lead all the way til 80th min. Ah wells, lucky I'm not an Arsenal fan. Still, also talked to mingfei! Haha been a long time since last
chatted, probably been having a great holiday back home:) Nice talkin to u girl:) Hehe..

Anyways, on to today! Gak.. Actually... think I've been writing/stoning/playing etc for too long.. too tired to continue. Since it's already 'tomorrow' instead of 'today' anymore:P Time to sleep, til tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home