Sunday, January 22, 2006

Oops!

I'm about to start on my OO homework... sigh... Can't seem to bring myself to actually start. In fact, I probably should have done it like on Monday! Had such a great time yesterday, going out and all.. no mood to do any work! Still, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

More about yesterday.. Met up with George, Brad and Mah at Yishun.. was supposed to meet Yew Tee, but that's waaaay too far, especially since I was going out in the evening. Lucky managed to persuade them to change venue haha. Still, had a great time there. Went to comics connection after that to look for 魔帝,but turns out the latest book hasn't been written yet! Argh, it's already been almost 2 months! What's the author doing man.. These Korean authors.. always come out with a whole sluice of books at one short, then spend months before they come out with the next one.. sigh.. cliffhanger!

Evening was the highlight of the day, visit to 南翔馒头店 (Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant) in Bugis with my sis, cousin and 2 of their friends. It's supposed to be very very famous in China, so I was anticipating a good meal ahead! Their speciality was those steamed 包点 with all the soup still inside! MMMmmmmm!!!

Glutinous Rice 小龙包! I thought it might be a weird combination, but turned out to be very nice!









扬州炒饭!Don't often eat that, so have no basis for comparison, but was quite delicious in my opinion!







I have no idea what's this called, but it's delicious! Crisp exterior with toufu inside! Very interesting mix!







This is one of their famous baos, with the soup still inside steaming hot! Almost scalded my tongue, but was worth it! :)






Their signature dish, a huge 小龙包 look alike, with a straw to drink up the soup inside, before eating up the whole thing:)







Dessert - With red bean inside.. was okay, but nothing special, sadly..





All in all, was a great meal! Only thing was the price (too expensive!) and their veggie soup (which I refused to show) as it was too salty and didn't taste good in my opinion.

Anyway, I've spent waay too long on this... time to go back to OO homework! Sigh..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home