Thursday, January 05, 2006

First week

Amazingly... the first week of school is over! Well, at least the academic week. Thank god that I have no lessons on friday! Well, tomorrow's it, the E.Y.E welcome party we've been organizing. No idea how it'll turn out, but I sure hope it goes well...

A roundup of the week - Monday was supposed to have AS (Analytical Skills) and OO(Object Oriented Analysis and Design), but since it was a holiday, no lessons!:) Well, I'm happy about that now, but a little apprehensive if we can keep up. Oh well, we'll see when the time comes. Carpe Diem! Best thing is, Chinese New Year holidays will fall on monday too, so that's another lesson to miss! Heh.. of course there will be make up lessons, but already got the message that this week's will not be made up!

Tuesday was the busiest day of the week so far, I had two lessons - data management and stats. After dragging myself up for the data management lesson, I actually found it was a little better than I had expected.. at least I could follow the lesson. Still, its too early to judge, only the first lesson, the bare basics! When I heard the project, my blood ran cold... Make a database system for the SMU ebooking system for GSRs and classrooms. Geez, I don't even LIKE the system! Also, don't even know if I can choose own group.. since the prof mentioned she will give out groupings... I sure hope not!! After DM, Benjamin, Mingfei and I went around looking for a cake shop to get a cake for Miki... We found out that Coffee Club does not sell whole cakes! Argh.. we then ventured to PS, wondering the basement and almost buying the crappy bread talk cheese cake before we finally remembered that there was a Secret Recipe on the upper levels! Thank you Andrew:P However, due to unforseen circumstances, we had to walk back and forth sooo many times... my legs were aching at the end of the day. Guess it was worse for Benjamin, who was playing soccer at 4am... (Who asked you to be so stupid anyway:P) We all ended up eating lunch at Secret Recipe, all of us had lasagne (cheapest I guess), besides Benjamin who ate some expensive lamb chop, and Weiwei, who had already eaten! Then we had the cake! Oreo Cheese Cake!! It was quite nice, though I'm quite miffed that they couldn't be more flexible and let us have half of each cake... After the cake, we had to rush off for lessons.. but we ended up late for class. Lucky for me, stats hadnt gone on for long when I reached.. Thanks Xiwen for helping me keep a place:) Now... Stats was terribly boring.. I had trouble keeping my eyes open, thanks in part to the lack of laptop I guess. Luckily Xiwen's laptop helped alot, as did the coffee break in the middle of class. After stats, I met up with Xiaowei to get my DM text, THANKS ALOT!! After that, I went for E.Y.E meeting to get updated on things, met 3 new people (actually I met them before, just never talked to them), Terry, Joycelyn? (sorry, is that the right spelling:P) and Lydia. Lucky Lydia had the same BGS prof as me, and she offered to sell me her old textbook, phew, one down. Oh yeah, must thank Benjamin, Meiqi, Xiwen, Xiaowei, Weiwei and Yuanru for waiting for me! Thanks and Sorry!!!! After that, rushed back for dinner with family.

Woah, guessed I wrote much more than I expected, will summarise the rest of the week. Anyway, Wednesday was BGS (Business Government and Society) class. It sounded rather interesting, the interaction of the three parties, but sadly a lot of emphasis being put on class participation again. We shall see.

Today, Thursday, was another busy day. Went to Verts to get 2nd hand books. Sadly, couldn't find any AS textbook, so I went down to booklink to buy that, as well as the OO textbook. That was a huge mistake. Later when I went library to meet Ben, he told me he had a friend who was selling... SIGH... Guess I was too kancheong... Sob, what a waste of 10++++ bucks. Thank god I didn't have to buy that other stats textbook, 50 BUCKS MAN! Argh.. THANK YOU YAOCONG!!! After all the buying, we went for lunch, then library to slack til our 330 lessons. I went up to find Ben to talk about our grand plan to form CCA.. intellectual Games! Yeah! Looks good! Really hope it will happen man.. After some more slacking in the library, we went for our CT class. Once again, almost totally IS students besides 10 business and 1 accountancy student. Sigh... there are good and bad points I guess. Still, quite glad we could form group of 7, all old faces:) The lesson itself was kinda boring, guess its because I was rather tired and couldn't really focus.. Anyway, lesson was over early, at 6pm, as the prof had something on later!! Yeah!

Anyway, now, here I am at the library, writing and waiting for time to pass.. Guess it's time to go! Geez, this has gotta be one of the longest posts I've written:P Tata

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home