Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Escapades (Part 2)

Suddenly realised its been so long since my last post AH... almost a week already, and I haven't even finished my 'tale'.. Guess alot of things have happened since.. got hooked up on WoW thanks to Marcus and Yaolong (damn you guys:P)... Also have people asking me to join NUS orientation camps.. and other people bragging about their overseas trips... grrrr ..

Anyways, before I rattle on aimlessly, let me complete my 'tale' of Escapades (Part 2):P

I believe it's last Thurs (18th). Ah... yes, Vivace!

Went down with Ben and Hui to Vivace meeting, representing Strategicá. Well, only me and Hui actually, since Ben is part of Vivace. And I must tell you, having someone in the insides of Vivace is very very useful hahaha... especially a finance director! :) Of course, with our impeccable honesty and *ahem* integrity.. we won't do anything erm... against the rules or something.. but its always good to know more inside info. Yeah yeah... accept the facts of life.. insider trading does and will occur, if that's an apt analogy ;)

Anyways, we bidded for our spot in Vivace, but thanks to our dear unlucky president, we got a lousy spot. I think he should wash his hands more often ah.. dunno what he doing also.. FIRST to pick ah, n of all the places... Sigh.. We should hire George-the-luckyass to totally do the picking for us! Heh.. After the bidding, we talked to Kenneth again, then realised we had an enormous red-tape in front of us obstructing our club's creation. I won't mention names or anything ah.. but something's inefficiency is delaying us a lot ... sigh. We also discussed our Vivace plans etc.. coming up with a few ideas, but nothing fully concrete yet. A lot more to do I guess (and no progress so far, oops)!

After that, Ben went back to meet his Vivace committee, and Hui and I went to AMK to meet George. Yes, due to my great planning and maneuvering, got them to meet at Ang Mo Kio.. wahhaha.. all fall into my plan.. sadly I think they read this blog too so next time they will slap me when I meet them.. but dun worry I will find some way to escape.. after all got a long time b4 some people fly back from hk.. bloody hell.. enjoy life lor..

I digress. We had a great time there.. until Meiqi called, and I went to meet her at AMK station, and we went city hall to meet YR & Ben.. Poor YR, she got the totally opposite situation as me at work.. Too many customers, while I suffer from lack of them... we were chattin about how she should give me 1/4 of her customers.. to create a nice win-win situation for the both of us;) Sigh.. We wish. We went over to school to find Viv and Andrew.. but apparently they got caught up in some weird situation, where all their bags were locked up in a GSR and our cards weren't able to open it. Geez, took a long time before the bags were finally rescued by a complaining security guard (dunno why he complain also.. not like he got things to do lor... if my experience is anything to go by, he should be thanking us for relieving his boredom ah). We then went to eat pizza hut (except Andrew who abandoned us to go floorball) .. i think the 5 of us stuffed ourselves until wanna puke.. making us swear off pizza for the next few months or so. Grin.

After that, we went to watch Da Vinci Code. Sigh. That was a disappointment. I've been looking forward to that show for almost a whole freakin year... and it was a terrible letdown, for me at least. Perhaps it was an overhigh expectation on my part, but I found it lacking in many ways. The over mystification of some things, the destroying of the mystery in others, where they spelt out everything too clearly. All that was, in my opinion, detrimental to the proper enjoyment of the film. Perhaps it was the book that spoilt it for me, as I've heard those who haven't read the book enjoyed the movie. That could be ascribed to the power of narrative, while film is limited in the aspect of time, coverage and what to detail and what not to...

Well, 'nuff said. Let me not stop anyone from watching it. Still a good film, and I think Tom Hanks did a fair job here! Watch it yourself, and do tell what you think about it!

That's it for "Escapades". Thank you for watching:P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home