Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A fresh beginning

First day, of the first week, of my second year in school.

Yes, it's already been one year since I entered university... how time flies really. The hols were long, yet seemed so short. I guess that's what they mean about relativity and all, damn Einstein.

Anyways, fun's over. Time to get my ass back to working mode. Heh.. after all, all work and no play is pretty exhausting as well :P

First day in school was pretty okay... but rather eventful! Woke up late (argh) and rushed to meet Ben and Meiqi at Bishan. Just made it in time.. but was a close thing. Learnt that my handphone does not work when it's on low batt... it stays on, but can't message or call... dunno what's the point then.. geez. Luckily, I brought my charger to school, else I'll be uncontactable for the whole day! Kinda makes me wonder when I've gotten so dependent on my handphone... wonder if I can live without it for a week.. or two. *Shudder* Guess that's the price of the digital age.. this dependency upon technology that we can't live without. For good or for worse, we don't have much of a choice now.

I digress. First lesson was financial accounting, which seemed interesting yet could prove difficult later on. Bidding the course together with Mingfei, Xiwen and Alvin, so hope we can get it. We formed our group already, met with a freshmen girl named Sharolyn.. unique name I must say =) Anyways, it's kind of a good situation for me, since I can meet new people, yet get to be together with my friends as well. Sometimes I don't know if I'm too dependent on friends.. I mean, I should go out and meet more people, instead of sticking with the same few friends. Same old argument with myself again I guess.. but that's probably the way for most.. to fear the unknown and stick to the familiar.

Second lesson was CAT... which frankly I found terribly boring. Hope that was just because it's an introduction lesson, and that subsequent lessons will prove more interesting. Yeah.. the optimist in me speaks... The project here looks like it's gonna be tough.. down to even having to source our own real life questions to do .. Oh well, at least gonna be working with Ben and Hui for the first time (KAD/Strategica aside). Should be fun I guess =)

Had to handle Vivace posters after classes... made me terribly disgusted with the school. So much for upgrading to better printers. It's the bloody first day of school, and 2 printers were out of order.. with so many jams and all. Absolutely pathetic. And don't get me started on the amount of red tape needed to get ANYTHING done. Sigh... so much for being different -.-

School aside. Mom's bdae is on Sunday! Yay.. should plan some nice activity; feel quite guilty having not spent much time at home for past few weeks. Any ideas? =)

Next post will be some recap, if I actually get down to it! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home