Saturday, April 22, 2006

Decadent Lifestyle...

Wow... its been a long week of decadent lifestyle.. Going out.. spending money... eat.. sleep.. play.. eat.. sleep .. read.. play.. My my my.. Hadn't even had the time nor energy to blog! Anyways... here's the summary of the week.. have to write it longer as promised, to let Alvin read eh... Since you're so bored in camp:P Hahahaha!!

Went to Liang Court with Xiwen on Monday.. it's been a really long time since I last went there. Anyways, went to Kinokuniya to collect my Shonen Jump. then had some really nice jap food at a restaurant there called tampopo... yeah i know it sounds weird, but its good! The fresh sashimi looked really tempting, but we didnt have any in the end. Too bad I was still having a little cough (which has lasted for almost 1 month!), so I couldn't eat the jap curry that I've been longing for!

Anyways, after that, we went back to school to charge batteries (the original purpose)! Haha.. yes I know.. going back to school on holidays.. a little wrongish:P But can't be helped I guess. Later we met up with Shili to conduct our Operation P.. Grin, and I must say it was quite a success!

Wednesday was a mass of events.. Was awoken early in the morning by my aunt's call regarding a part time job offer. I was to go down to AIA tower to have a job interview! It's my first interview, or rather, first job interview if you count the SMU interview, so I was rather nervous. Still, it wasn't too bad, maybe because my aunt was one of the interviewers. Sadly, due to my upcoming ICT (in camp training) in June, I wasn't given the job. Depressing, yes, but understandable.. sadly!

After the interview, went over to Brewerks at Clarke Quay. As they say, a picture tells a thousand words... so my 'essay' is right below ;)







The beer!









The special Brewerks burger! Omg! SOOO HUGE! SOO Tempting!
"Dont tell your cardiologist... " What an apt description













The Brewerks burger which I ate! Sigh..













Us enjoying our burgers!













The girls pretending they drank everything!












The four musketeers?!















Vivienne showing off her jaw!


















The true drinker!












Xiaowei n I












Xiaowei showing Shili the ropes!














Yuanru - the pro!













Xiwen - acting pro!













oooooh... something suspicious going on here?







After brewerks - went back to school to attend the SISS talk.. but we were too early! So that's us rotting away in the lounge...





Rotting Scene 1














Rotting Scene 2












Rotting Scene 3








After we finally managed to rot for 2 hours, and went for the SISS talk... which was... ahem... kinda boring:P Anyways, we left early, and some of us (Myself, Ben, Andrew, Eric, Yuanru, Shili, Vivienne and Xiwen) went to Mind's cafe to play board games. Too bad Munchkins wasn't available (I totally miss that game!!), but we played I'm the boss and Pyramids, which was really fun as well! All the backstabbing, frontstabbing, alliances and whatnot:P

Friday, went out again.. This time to bring Vivienne to try her long awaited 田鸡粥! Well, only me and Xiwen brought Vivienne and her friend this time... although Ben and Weiwei were supposed to come along as well, but they 抛弃 us! Sadly, didn't manage to take any photos of the delicious 田鸡粥, suffice to say we ate every last drop!

The thing i remember most clearly that day, however, was the insanely hot weather. It was so hot that after eating the 田鸡粥, we had to seek refuge in a department store, seeking out the air-conditioned spots:P I swear, one aunty was staring at us weirdly.. must be wondering what these crazy young people are doing! Haha..

After that, went over to Borders at orchard! Oh yeah man! It's been SOOOO long since I've settled down to read a new novel. Bought several books with the Borders gift card I've been keeping for quite some time, including Tuesday with Morrie and Freakonomics.

On Sunday, we went out again... to eat 田鸡粥 AGAIN!!! I swear, the girl's addicted! Heh.. This time was myself, Shili, Vivienne, Ben and Marcus. After that, we went over to Lucky Chinatown's Kbox to sing. I must say, the soundproofing at that KBox is nearly non-existant! Could totally hear the neighbouring room's screeches! Haha! Anyways, Joyce and Justin joined us after a short while... and OMG! Justin and Shili's duet... unbelievably good! Hahah.. Should sign them up for Singapore Idol or something!!!! Needless to say, we had a superb time singing our hearts out (or screeching our hearts out). One thing I must defend myself -- its not my fault that the songs I sing have weird MTVs!! Hahaha.. its such a pity the english songs in KTVs do not have the original MTVs.. ah wells.. I'm sure there's some reason behind that! Still, this particular Kbox was quite good... letting us sing over-time for almost 1 whole hour, since there was no one else who wanted to take the room.. quite unlike Party World which automatically cut off the singing when the time's up! Haha... still, a weird thing was that the toilets are all locked! Have to get the keys from the counter to go to the counter -.-

After singing our fill, we went over to Geylang to eat the famous beef horfun! Walked a lonngg way before reaching the famous beef hor fun.. I must say I was a little disappointed. The horfun was quite good.. but imo, nothing special! And for 5 bucks, not really worth it. Once again a case of having a name or brand doing the selling instead of the goods i guess. After eating, we walked around Geylang as Vivienne was curious to see.. ahem! Geez, guess she's a little too curious for her own good. I leave you all to your own vivid imaginations ;)

Sigh... its just so easy to while life away aimlessly... one week of the holidays has passed just like that.. so quickly. Still haven't found a job yet. I'd better find one asap.

All right... I've been writing this for almost 4 hours.. thanks to long intervals of TV! Guess it's time to sleep now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home