Monday, June 05, 2006

1 week!

More than a week since I last blogged!

As time goes by, I find myself getting lazier and lazier.. it's getting hard to sit down and actually start writing... but when I finally do so, I've go so much to write that I don't know where to start..

人算不如天算
This saying is really true man... Planned to stop work on Saturday, have a day of rest before ICT. Yet, on Thursday, received call from my boss telling me that it would be my last day of work.. and well, considering it was my off day... I was suddenly out of work! Disconcerting, to say the least, to be out of work all of a sudden. Still, made the most out of it, had a good rest on Fri, went out with Brad, Ameet, George and Mah on Sat, and met up with Xiwen for lunch on Sunday (and finally got back my hdd! Yay!)

Anyways, Monday came too soon.. and off I was to the first ICT of my life. Posted to 285 SA, new unit, new camp yet again. Sigh.. worst thing was, when I reached there, everyone was chatting away happily with each other.. and I was feelin all left out. Guess that's the way it is, to be posted from a totally different unit to one where everyone knows each other, and worked with each other before. Luckily, met up with another Ammo Base personnel, who was looking as lost as me. Heh. Also, met up with someone totally unexpected, someone from a part of my history I almost forgot, and had very little contact with; yet we somehow remembered each other. Which is a good thing, since I didn't know anyone else around. Anyways, the first day was just for the advance party, and there was little to do. After completing work, we basically just slacked around/slept! Around 6, we booked out. Hopefully that's something that can happen everyday... but the chances are rather slim I guess. Still, one can but hope.

Fate

All this got me thinking about something Khel and I talked about last time. Fate. Karma. Or coincidence even. Whatever you want to call it. Do you believe in some higher power controlling the events that happen? In my opinion, there IS such a thing as fate. And yet, there is also free will, and choices. How so? Perhaps all the roads of fate have been built, and the choices we can make is which road down to walk. For example, I had the roads in front of me, to not go university, to go NUS, or to go SMU. I choose the road myself, what happens after basically is up to fate.. A little unclear perhaps, I haven't fully articulated the thought out myself. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home