Saturday, January 28, 2006

Countdown!

It's officially Chinese New Year Eve now! 20+ hours to CNY itself! Strange how this year's festive holiday season doesn't seem to be a holiday to me.. Perhaps it was that long stretch of monsoon rain that dampened everyone's spirits.. Or maybe it was that BGS test 2 days ago, after all I'm used to slacking off at least a week or so before CNY to chill out and start enjoying the holiday mood. It could be the project deadlines just after CNY. Or maybe it's the fact that a few hours ago I was in school, and a few hours from now I'll be in school again... WhooopY!

Strange how we always take the things we enjoy for granted, until we don't get the luxury of them anymore.. I've always enjoyed CNY, although it was a pain at times thanks to the early hours and long travel times. Still, its great to see relatives and friends, and get together sessions are always fun. It's also one of the rare times we indulge in some friendly gambling and other games. Then I look around and see how some of the international students are spending their CNY, away from their families! :( Well, we must go out one of the days!!! Anyways, my point is, I guess I shouldn't spend so much time fretting about my misfortunes, but enjoy what I have now! Great friends and family, and well, at least there IS a holiday to enjoy! So, Happy Chinese New Year all you out there! Forget your troubles for this festive season at least! 恭喜发财!红包一个来!哈哈!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home